Weight loss always ranks as one of the top New Years Resolutions.
So with the New Year upon us, we're going to give 5 super simple strategies to burn belly fat permanently. None of them require severe "dieting", eliminating food groups, endless hours of cardio, or really anything else that would set people up for fat loss failure.
Instead, these 5 tips can be started today and will make a huge difference in your battle against the belly bulge.
1. Eat with smaller plates, bowls, and utensils. This will indirectly help you decrease portions. Use "dessert" or "appetizer" size plates vs. normal dinner plates to start. Decreased portions means less calories, less calories over time, means less body fat. Simple, yet effective.
2. Write each one of your goals. Daily. Writing your goals daily helps you achieve them. Don't just think it, ink it. We've seen the success ourselves and research supports this belief as well.
3. Start every single meal or snack with a fruit and/or veggie. This will help fill you up and give you the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy.
4. Move more. Structured exercise is of course encouraged, but so is general movement — in addition to your 30-60+ minutes/day of structured exercise, move as much as possible throughout the day. Take 10 minute breaks every hour to walk around. Go for a walk at lunch vs. wasting time on Facebook, twitter, or browsing the internet. Simply move as much as you can.
5. Plan ahead. Figure out your meals for the day or week ahead before you're sitting at work, staring mindlessly at your computer or project, because you are so hungry. Bring your own foods, plan your dinners, etc. This will all translate to eating out less often — when you eat out less often, weight loss will be a cinch.
There you have it — simple, success strategies to rid yourself of the muffin top, banish the belly bulge, and get rid of those love handles for GOOD!!
Free Recipe Book:10 Crazy Fast 'N Healthy Weeknight Meals