Spring is officially here, meaning nearly 1/4 of the year is over.
Are you 33% closer to the goals you set for 2011?
Although January is typically thought of as the "weight loss month" with all the fat loss goals everyone sets for the New Year, surveys suggest March is actually a BIGGER month for dieting and weight loss attempts. Interesting.
Is it that warm weather signals "bathing suit" season is around the corner?
Regardless of the reasons of why fat loss is a top priority in March, today we’re sharing what we call the "Diet Cheat Sheet."
These are 7 Super Simple Steps are our "Diet Cheat Sheet" and you should keep these handy when trying to lose weight, use nutrition as medicine, and get healthy. Print these and keep them visible so you can be sure you’re working on it daily … heck, even if you’re not trying to lose weight for bathing suit season … if you simply want to improve your nutrition, these perfect little nutrition nuggets will keep you on track.
- Plan your meals for the week. We do this by sitting down with a few of our favorite magazines, picking out some recipes, and going from there. It helps more than you can imagine and that 15 minutes of planning will save you a TON of time during the week.
- Pack your food at night for the following day. This goes with planning ahead, but doing it the night before saves you from rushing around the morning of work and forgetting everything while trying to get you and the rest of your family out the door on time.
- Prep your veggies when you get home from the store. Sound crazy? It will take you 22 minutes (don’t believe me? Watch me prep our veggies for the week here) … and when they’re prepped, you’ll eat them because no one feels like going through the prepping process during the day. You want quick and easy.
- Don’t buy snack food — keep it out of your house. If it’s not there, you’re less likely to eat it. We could expand on that, but it’s pretty straightforward — and don’t tell us "it’s for the kids" because more often than not, you’re eating it.
- Have a bowl of fresh fruit visible at all times. Food that’s visible will be eaten. And those who eat more fruit weigh less and have less disease.
- Eat breakfast daily. You’ve certainly heard this one before, but it bears repeating. Eat breakfast and you’ll lose weight faster, have lower rates of heart disease, and have more energy.
- Include a veggie and/or fruit with every single meal. The more you eat of both of those, the faster you’ll get results — if that means faster fat loss, fantastic.
Please Click the "Like" Button Below to Share this with your friends!