Everyone who has ever tried to lose belly fat has faced it…
The dreaded fat loss plateau.
And it can truly be a game changer.
Weight is coming off quickly, motivation is super high … early on in the weight loss game, it can almost feel "easy."
And then suddenly, weight comes to a screeching halt. Interestingly, depending on the person and often the personality in how they react to stressful situations, this plateau can go one of two ways.
- It can set a person back where they quickly revert to old habits and put weight back on.
- It can be the "kick" to a fat loss jumpstart and get you into high gear to once again get the ball rolling in the right direction.
Now keep in mind plateaus are normal and are to be expected. We always describe fat loss like stairs — there will be some weeks where it drops, then others where it stabilizes. While weight comes off more quickly the heavier a person is; weight loss never looks like a slide, where it just continues to go down and down, day after day, week after week.
So here are a 4 effective "bust through your fat loss plateau" strategies.
- If you bite it, you must write it. Writing down what you eat and drink works. Do you have to do it forever? Nope. But it works. And usually as a person is trying to lose weight, they start strong and then portions start to increase over time and you let a little slack out. Going back to a food journal helps reel things back in.
- Ramp up your workout intensity. We wrote earlier about report on study out this month that just 5% of the population exercises vigorously on a daily basis. Enough said — walking is great for general movement, but there needs to be more intensity than that several times/week to truly lose belly fat.
- Think small. Small, baby steps, go a really long way. Don’t look at the big picture, but look at what simple, baby steps will help you get to that big picture down the road. Think about the progress and steps of how to get to your outcome — not just look at the outcome and wish you were there.
- Go back to basics. As we are making solid fat loss progress, it’s easy to get a little "arrogant" and try to test the grounds for just how many glasses of wine, how many sweets, desserts, larger plates of pasta, etc can be eaten while still making progress. Go back to what worked from the beginning … tighten up those reins a bit and then watch your progress continue.
That’s it — 4 simple strategies to break through any plateau. The key is to not let a set back side track you, where you quickly resort to old habits. Stick to the plan. If you don’t have a plan, create one and get right back on it. Those sticking points are the exact reason we created the 21 Day Fat Loss Jumpstart — it is the plan to save you the time from planning!
Please click the "like" link below to share this with your family and friends!