If you're fighting the battle of the bulge, or simply looking to stay on track with your New Year's Resolutions, you need to get at least a little familiar with the kitchen.
Let's face it — you can't be permanently successful if you're relying on fast food, bringing in take out, or going out to eat regularly.
And while you can surely cook with the bare minimum, we'll admit it, we like "stuff" – useful kitchen "stuff."
Here are some basic kitchen gadgets we love and use regularly.
5 of our favorite kitchen tools.&n…
We’re all about balance.
Sure, we have a reputation for living off tofu and grass, but it couldn’t be further from the truth.
We follow a 90/10 rule – eat clean 90% of the time and “let the reins out” the other 10% of the time.
In numbers that means if we’re eating 5 meals each day, with 7 days in a week, that’s 35 meals total.
With 10% of the meals being “relax” meals, that is about 4 meals each week.
Aim for this same goal and you’ll never struggle with your body weight again.
But there are 3 foods that will totally sabotage…
I get one question more than any other.
“What supplements do I need?”
It doesn’t matter if it’s a 15 year old young athlete trying to put on some muscle, a working mom who is trying to shed those last 10 lbs, or a 60 year old grandpa who is looking to improve his health …
And my answer is always the same – let’s first look at your diet before assessing if you should be taking a supplement(s). Most are overrated, but there are some that have merit for sure.
And one vitamin that continues to dominate the science and media is vitamin D –the &…
There's a stomach bug going around Louisville.
Everywhere I turn I hear of another person who got sick. Must be contagious.
You know what else is contagious?
It's true. Overweight and obesity are contagious.
When you're around people with a cold or the flu, your chances are higher for getting that same cold or flu. Well, same goes with overweight and obesity!
If you're spending too much time around other people who are overweight or obese, you are likely to gain belly fat too!
I'm not saying by simply shaking someo…
Weight loss always ranks as one of the top New Years Resolutions.
So with the New Year upon us, we're going to give 5 super simple strategies to burn belly fat permanently. None of them require severe "dieting", eliminating food groups, endless hours of cardio, or really anything else that would set people up for fat loss failure.
Instead, these 5 tips can be started today and will make a huge difference in your battle against the belly bulge.
1. Eat with smaller plates, bowls, and utensils. This will indirectly help you decrease portions. Use "d…